Fediverse Developer Network
What is it?
- A community for developers building the existing projects that make up the Fediverse.
- A starting point for developers looking to add Fediverse features to their existing projects or build something new that is Fediverse compatible.
- Encourage interoperability between projects using the existing standards.
- Maintain a single, shared repository of insights, examples, and best practices targeted at Fediverse developers intended to be easy to find and consume.
- Provide future tooling, libraries, documentation and other resources to help new projects get started that support the Fediverse core protocols.
- A place where developers can directly contact other developers around Fediverse interoperability.
What is it not?
- It is not a standards or governance body. The W3C is behind ActivityPub and the IETF is behind WebFinger.
- It is not for changes or enhancements to the specs. See the Fediverse Enhancement Proposals.